Role description and responsibilities:
Our DevOps Engineers’ mission is to ensure our software engineering teams have the right conditions to build and operate high-performance, reliable, secure & scalable systems. You’ll provide coaching, implementation and guidance on improvements to infrastructure and observability.
This is a varied role where you’ll be exposed to the full technology stack and will work across projects spanning deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE, performance engineering, release engineering and monitoring distributed systems, all with close collaboration with engineering teams.
DevOps Engineers creates software tools, infrastructure and automation that are reusable across many software teams while being reliable for the future. This enables us to scale the freedom and autonomy that our engineering culture is built upon.
The role is part of CORGI Technology and will also work closely with OVO Engineering Services. Find out what the Engineering Services team have been working on: tech.ovoenergy.com/tag/devops.
Check out our Tech Blog to find out more about our DevOps culture: tech.ovoenergy.com/...hancing-our-tech-culture
• AWS (EKS, VPC, Route53, SES, SNS, Secret Manager), managed by Terraform
• Docker / Kubernetes — is a must-have
• CircleCI / ArgoCD
Would be a plus:
• Experience with Azure (SQL, WebApps, Functions, Azure AD, KeyVaults, VMs)
• Experience with Azure DevOps
• Knowledge of .NET core + .NET framework (to be able to understand the project structure and code
components, build, deploy) would be a plus as well
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
CORGI HomePlan is a successful Insurance company, aiming to become a leading FinTech for energy insurance and installation of carbon saving products. In our 10 years of existence, we acquired 180,000 customers and are continuing to grow! We challenge the status quo and strive to provide better quality and pricing of home plan cover to consumers across the UK.
In 2017, CORGI HomePlan became part of the OVO family and began an exciting new journey with lots of opportunities. We are very ambitious — and we grow by innovating! The potential is huge: we can provide brilliant products and services to OVO’s
CORGI HomePlan is at a time of significant technological investment and growth. The current technology platform is undergoing a major overhaul as we build additional capabilities and features from the ground up. Our ambition is to build the next generation of insurance platform, that is at the forefront of user experience, creating best-in-class journeys for both our customers and our staff.
You will be joining a team passionate about developing a quality product following an agile development methodology. You will be encouraged to always be looking at the continuous improvement of our products, tools and processes, along with helping to guide the architectural direction of our platform.
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Possibility of partial remote work
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more