The ideal candidate will be an experienced DB/Data Engineer that demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of database/data engineering through the development life cycle. Open-minded and flexible and prepared to work in a very dynamic environment, very interested in database management systems, reporting tools and Cloud technologies from the back-end services and client/server applications point of view. Besides, able to create data models, schemas, developing scripts, monitoring performance, etc.
• Design of data models necessary to support Tax system requirements
• Help team members to design and develop high-performance data manipulation processes
• Develop understanding of information sources and correct interpretation of data
• Work with managers and Product Owners to understand trends and make recommendations for improvements
• Attention to details, in particular as it relates to compliance and accuracy of data.
• Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
• Extract data and perform analysis on activities of the business
• Gather, document and analyze requirements from stakeholders on existing and new data models
• BS in computer science or related field
• Minimum 3 years of related experience.
• Working experience with relational, multidimensional, tabular data sources, non-SQL databases.
• Excellent proficiency in writing SQL and T-SQL
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies is a very important asset
• Ability to create, maintain and monitor reporting systems and decision support tools to report and analyze performance
• Strong skills in performance application tuning.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources
• Have good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
• Knowledge of trading systems and trading concepts, particularly within the equities realm, is considered an asset
• Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX and WINDOWS environments
• Programming skill is an asset
• Strong knowledge and comprehension of technology and data management used in the process of collecting, storing and retrieving data.
• Experience and/or personal interest in the financial industry an asset.
Preferred technical stack:
• Data: mysql, SQL Server, Redis
• Streaming: Google Pub/Sub, Kafka.
• Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other Google Cloud Platform components.
• Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Power BI
• Knowledge of ITL administration
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Possibility of partial remote work
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.