N-iX is looking for an experienced Freelance Senior Java Engineer.
With over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and maintaining on-board communication and control systems, Our customer is a leading, trusted partner for railway operators and train builders worldwide.
Its Passenger Information Systems are high quality, tailor-made solutions that offer the flexibility, user-friendliness and stability that our clients ask for.
Our various types of on-board control systems such as our bogie monitoring systems are innovative yet reliable products which are designed specifically for the railway business.
Trains and trams all around the world are equipped with our solutions, from New Zealand over India, to France, Canada and the US.
• Write well-documented, highly maintainable and performing code, with appropriate test coverage
• Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
• Perfect knowledge of Java (Spring and/or Quarkus)
• Experience with AMQP (RabbitMQ)
• Experience with Docker
• Good knowledge of REST API (HTTPS)
• Upper-intermediate level of English
Would be a plus:
• Linux system calls
• TRDP, SNMP