The Software Engineer is responsible for creating software solutions that will help grow as a business. Use your talent to innovate and transform complex concepts into clean, simple solutions. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
About the client:
Our customer is an office supply retailing company which employs about 38,000 associates and operates 1,400 retail stores, e-commerce sites and a business-to-business sales organization. Across the job areas of retail, sales, supply chain and corporate, the company makes transformation of their product to the new level.
• Write well-documented, highly maintainable and performing code, with appropriate test coverage
• Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
• Demonstrate in-depth experience with e-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintaining code
• DevOps process support and operations as shared team responsibility
• Conduct and participate in code reviews that span multiple languages and applications
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and feedback as well as conducting design sessions, assisting in code deployments and day-to-day operations
• Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, etc.
• Participate in Agile Ceremonies to provide feedback and communicate issues/blockers and communicate project status
• 3+ years of Java development experience
• Experience in Spring, Spring Boot
• Strong work experience with Microservices architecture
• Experience with Hibernate
• Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
• Strong cross-functional team player, ability to work effectively with technical & business contacts
• Knowledgeable on DevOps process (CI/CD stages, gitflow, devops as shared responsibility)
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, and SQL, including complex SQL queries.
• Working knowledge of Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo
• Good communication skills in English (verbally and written)
Would be a plus:
• Knowledge of UI development and design principles
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring, comfy, clean and safe office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.
For over a decade, client dedicated development centers at N-iX have been enhancing R&D departments of a number of leading software companies and fast-growing tech start-ups. Currently, N-iX hosts over 35 dedicated teams ranging from 5 to 100 experts across our offices in Lviv (Ukraine) and Kyiv (Ukraine). The teams are an integral part of clients’ R&D. In some cases, they act as clients’ own R&D helping clients develop and launch new software products. The portfolio of clients ranges includes industry leaders as well as innovative fast growing tech companies across a variety of industries encompassing Fintech, Hospitality, Healthcare, Hi-Tech and Energy.