The Software Engineer is a hands-on developer and is responsible for creating software solutions that will help grow as a business. Use your talent to innovate and transform complex concepts into clean, simple solutions. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
About the client:
Our customer is Fortune 500 company. As a leading business-to-business organization, more than 3.2 million customers rely on its products in categories such as safety, material handling and metalworking, along with services like inventory management and technical support.
• Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Contributing in all phases of the development life cycle
• Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
• Supporting code deployments and being available as ‘on-call’ support for escalated systems issues
• 6+ years of extensive Java development
• Proficient in core java/J2ee, XML , Rest Service ,XSD, SOAP UI.
• Familiarity with configuring and running containers on a container platform (i.e. OpenShift)
• Experience with navigating UNIX filesystem and using UNIX based tools
• Experience with Developing and executing test plans that support solutions delivered.
• Proficient with NoSQL database Cassandra
• Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical folks
• Experience with version control tools
• Exposure to JIRA or JIRA-like story tool
• Experience with a variety of agile development methodologies
• Hands on experience in application code and deployment
• Ability to produce detailed, comprehensive software documentation, such as testing plans, requirements specs, design docs, (incorporate technical requirements for user stories)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Conflict resolution skills a plus
• Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
• Flexible hours approach
• Competitive salary and compensation package
• 18 business days of payable annual free-time
• 10 days of paid sick leave
• Personal education budget
• Membership of the IT-BPO club card, loyalty program.
• Gym, Masseur, and Doctor
• Relax zones
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Team buildings
• Anniversary presents