- At least 2 years of experience working as a Data Engineer — MUST.
- Knowledge and experience of SQL, experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases — MUST.
- A positive, “can do” attitude who isn’t afraid to lead the Data management efforts of a Startup — MUST.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- BA/B.Sc in Computer Science (or equivalent), or a veteran of a technological army unit.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Intermediate or higher English.
- People-oriented management without bureaucracy
- The friendly climate inside the company which is confirmed by the frequent come back of previous employees
- Flexible working schedule
- Paid time off (18 working days per year, plus all national holidays and 9 sick days)
- Laptop of your choice: MacBook Pro or Windows/Linux business laptop + large extra screen
- Full financial and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Education compensation
- Free English classes with native speakers or with Ukrainian teachers (for your choice)
- Dedicated HR
- Comfortable offices in the city center (pets friendly btw:) )
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices/possibility of rotation between offices (Kyiv, Kharkiv)
- We help with relocation. If you’d like to move to Kyiv or Kharkiv, we’ll try our best to make your relocation smooth and effortless
- Last but not least — regular team buildings and corporate event
- Build from scratch a complete backend cloud-based infrastructure for Sayollo. The system is designed to handle very high QPS, generating terabytes of data daily.
- Responsible for building distributed services running on K8S that will serve our business needs.
- Working with the latest streaming and concurrency technologies to handle network-intensive workloads.
About the project:
Sayollo is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that connects brands directly to the fastest growing visual real estate market in the world, mobile games. Sayollo’s technology unlocks this connection to the benefit of game studios, players, and brands. Sayollo matches brands to their target demographics by enabling relevant and non-disruptive messages inside mobile games that players love. This technology returns control to game studios, removes interruptions for players, and re-introduces brands to their target demographics.