Our client is a team of thinkers, makers, and collaborators bound together by our commitment to inspire drone technology leadership.
They build drone technology and deliver drone flight services to help our customers succeed. Their goal is to revolutionize the business ecosystem by connecting drone technology to communities around the globe.
Recognized as an innovative leader, our client transforms organizations with drone delivery and drone technology solutions. They develop SaaS platforms having patented mobile app technology available at the Apple App and Google Play Stores. With technology-driven customers, together they inspire the future of drone services, providing intelligent access to airspace, automation innovation, streamlined process management, operational efficiency, and a commitment to safety.
Headquartered in the USA, our client was founded in 2016, and quickly moved from an American small business start-up to a global leader, receiving a significant investment from one of the biggest enterprises in the world.
Our client is seeking a Backend Software Engineer (Golang) to join the team. The ideal candidate is a strong polyglot software developer with experience in using cloud infrastructure to support software engineering projects. They will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and continuously improving and supporting both internal and customer-facing API gateways, the way they authenticate, authorize, bill and throttle the incoming calls, the tooling making those APIs self-service, as well as the instrumentation, observability and scalability of our APIs.
Team: 4-5 people (front, back, project manager, architect, and scrum master)
- Ensure that your work meets all acceptance criteria. Test your work to ensure that it works as expected. Present your work to customers to achieve sign-off. Work with your customers to ensure that your work will meet the business needs;
- Shepherd your code (and others’ code) through the process until deployment;
- Detect root cause of defects and production bugs, and fix them when requested;
- Document work done in an appropriate location, whether it be in code, or in a document library. Hand off documentation to intended recipients or audience. Document previously undocumented systems or practices as encountered in your work environment;
- Update team members on the progress, if you are encountering any major issues, and actively encourage other team members to do the same while also providing insights into how to optimize this communication;
- Perform necessary communication with Stakeholders as outlined on your team, and call out areas where there may be Stakeholder communication issues. Additionally, strive to have a clear understanding of Stakeholder goals to help drive better communication between your team and them;
- Stay current with platform changes and third-party libraries. Proactively investigate better solutions for current technologies;
- Respond to emergency issues and alerts assigned to you. Contribute ideas on how to improve monitoring and alerting systems;
- Be part of the technical interview team, and also offer ideas on how to improve the interview process.
- 5+ years of commercial development experience;
- Strong computer science fundamentals;
- Proficiency in Golang;
- Experience in Unix / Linux / Docker;
- Knowledge of and experience in a cloud native environment (we use GCP);
- Experienced in using git in trunk-based development models;
- Experience using Open Telemetry for observability as well as other monitoring tools such as Datadog;
- Experience in modeling and working with Relational (RDBMS) databases and No-SQL databases, performance tuning long-running Queries;
- Experience in Docker applications and orchestrating them with Kubernetes;
- Understanding of service oriented architectures / microservice architectures;
- Familiarity with security configuration for web/api services (SSL, Access control), and Microservices using Go;
- Experience with JIRA or other work tracking systems. Ability to resolve tickets according to priority order and collaborate with the Technical Product Manager to adjust priorities;
- Familiarity with creating an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline using various tools with artifact storage;
- Familiarity with use of MacOS as a desktop and predominantly CLI interfaces;
- Experience in writing and automating Unit tests, Functional Tests, and Integration tests;
- Good knowledge of designing, and writing code using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts, S.O.L.I.D design principles, and Design Patterns;
- Experience in developing Responsive, Single Page Applications using React or Angular;
- Experience in use of feature flagging to decouple release from deployment is a plus.