Our client is a team of thinkers, makers, and collaborators bound together by our commitment to inspire drone technology leadership.
They build drone technology and deliver drone flight services to help our customers succeed. Their goal is to revolutionize the business ecosystem by connecting drone technology to communities around the globe.
Recognized as an innovative leader, our client transforms organizations with drone delivery and drone technology solutions. They develop SaaS platforms having patented mobile app technology available at the Apple App and Google Play Stores. With technology-driven customers, together they inspire the future of drone services, providing intelligent access to airspace, automation innovation, streamlined process management, operational efficiency, and a commitment to safety.
Headquartered in the USA, our client was founded in 2016, and quickly moved from an American small business start-up to a global leader, receiving a significant investment from one of the biggest enterprises in the world.
Our client is seeking a Backend Software Engineer (Golang) to join the team who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help navigate all cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, and planning. In addition to being experienced in cloud-based tech, you have a firm grasp of platforms and applications and have intimate knowledge of how to customize these attributes most effectively to the business. Not only can you help to connect the dots and evolve the cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support the expansion
• Ensure that your work meets all acceptance criteria. Test your work to ensure that it works as expected. Present your work to customers to achieve sign-off. Work with your customers to ensure that your work will meet the business needs;
• Shepherd your code (and others’ code) through the process until deployment;
• Detect root cause of defects and production bugs, and fix them when requested;
• Document work done in an appropriate location, whether it be in code, or in a document library. Hand off documentation to intended recipients or audience. Document previously un-documented systems or practices as encountered in your work environment;
• Update team members on the progress, if you are encountering any major issues, and actively encourage other team members to do the same while also providing insights into how to optimize this communication;
• Perform necessary communication with Stakeholders as outlined on your team, and call out areas where there may be Stakeholder communication issues. Additionally, strive to have a clear understanding of Stakeholder goals to help drive better communication between your team and them;
• Stay current with platform changes and third-party libraries. Proactively investigate better solutions for current technologies;
• Respond to emergency issues and alerts assigned to you. Contribute ideas on how to improve monitoring and alerting systems;
• Be part of the technical interview team, and also offer ideas on how to improve the interview process.
• Advanced proficiency in Go Programming Language;
• 5+ years of commercial development experience;
• Solid experience and mindset toward distributed/cloud computing;
• Strong computer science fundamentals;
• Experience in Cloud-based application development on GCP, Azure, or AWS;
• Experience in Asynchronous and Parallel programming techniques;
• Experience in modeling and working with Relational (RDBMS) databases and No-SQL databases, performance tuning long-running Queries;
• Experience in writing and automating Unit tests, Functional Tests, and Integration tests;
• Experience in developing Responsive, Single Page Applications using React or Angular;
• Experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Build mechanisms using Jenkins and Circle CI;
• Familiarity with Containerization of applications using Docker and Kubernetes (K8s);
• Experience with JIRA or other Ticket systems and the ability to resolve tickets according to technical direction;
• Experience in Developing RESTful Web APIs, and Microservices using Go. gRPC knowledge is required;
• Good knowledge of designing, and writing code using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts, S.O.L.I.D design principles, and Design Patterns.