Moonray is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled level designer with a strong passion for PvP action games to join our team. We’re looking for someone that can take on a lot of responsibility and motivate themselves while coordinating with a globally-distributed team. We are 100% remote and work in UE5 building an awesome new Battle Royale game with intense melee combat.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly motivated. You will be on a very tight and focused team and you need to be able to work in a fast-changing environment with not a lot of handholding. You will report to our Game Design Director and be a key part of the level design workflow. You will need to develop ideas, build blockouts and finished areas/maps and coordinate with a variety of teams to build large-scale Battle Royale maps and open world environments.
Moonray is a next-gen PvP melee Battle Royale for PC and eventually consoles. We are pioneering new approaches in both Battle Royale gameplay and blockchain technology.
- Guiding the team in crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Define the entire level design pipeline for this specific game taking into account its unique design.
- Be the point person for level design with other team members to make sure the levels created contribute to enhancing the gameplay, the game narrative and are aligned with the art vision and technicality.
- Participate in building exemplary content to help the project grow and provide examples for level designers to learn from.
- Contribute to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
Manage the level designers in the priority of their tasks and their deliverables
Provide critical feedback on your level design team’s individual performance to help them succeed in their craft and career.
Skills and Requirements
- A deep understanding of all aspects of level design with mastery in many areas including; visual language, architectural composition, sign-posting, combat and encounter design, flow, game balance, delivery / support of game mechanics, on-boarding, difficulty tuning and pacing.
- Extensive experience working in a senior/lead position and 2 shipped AAA current gen (PS4 / XBOX ONE) console or PC titles that featured a multiplayer component, that you worked on from beginning to launch
- Extreme attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and you have experience being a key part of a leadership group
- The ability to work independently without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for environment design and architectural concepts
- Experience building levels using 3D level editing tools (Unreal 4, UnrealEd, Hammer, Radiant, etc.)
- Experience prototyping maps and gameplay mechanics using Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation including diagram and flow-chart creation
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, GIT, etc.)
- Experience in multiplayer level design
- Strong problem-solving skills including lateral thinking
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- Experience with Unreal 4/5 and Blueprints
- Experience with Confluence and Jira