Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. Our company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver its Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in. Mirantis has helped over 200 enterprises build and operate some of the largest open clouds in the world.
Mirantis Inc. is looking for a Software Developer to participate in the full cycle of cloud development activities. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to participate in challenging projects, OpenStack cloud deployments and creation of cloud-based services.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and maintain OpenStack services
- Contribute to next-generation Mirantis products based on Kubernetes
- Contribute to upstream OpenStack community
- Participate in troubleshooting cloud issues
- Communicate with the other, globally distributed team of developers
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience with Python (both 2 and 3) programming language, particular areas of interest are:
- Building REST APIs
- greenthread-based concurrency, e.g. eventlet, asyncio
- Messaging / RPC, e.g. RabbitMQ
- Django-based Web Apps
- Strong knowledge of UNIX or Linux operating system
- Experience with virtualisation (Libvirt/Qemu/KVM), containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) technologies
- Experience with Git
- Intermediate English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated and dedicated to learning and collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
The following are considered a plus
- Linux administration experience
- Linux networking knowledge, in particular virtualized networking (SDN) like OpenVSwitch or OVN
- Prior contributions to open source projects or publicly available code samples
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established global leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.