Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a Cloud Maintenance Engineer to our team! The Cloud Maintenance Engineer will work on our Sustaining Engineering team and provide world-class support for the Mirantis Container Cloud. You are a friendly, effective communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You enjoy building reproducers and finding bugs. You sling code for fun. You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Contribute to Mirantis flagship product: Mirantis Container Cloud
- Plan and deploy infrastructure on top of AWS and OpenStack
- Monitor and operate development/staging/production environments
- Create best-in-class help content and proactively perform audits for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Partner cross-functionally with product and solution experts to co-develop reference architecture content
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Engage with the Development Engineering teams to resolve technical issues
- Build and maintain customer based reproducer environments for use by your team and other technical teams at Mirantis
- Reproduce customer issues and package bug reproducers for product engineering
- Diagnose and develop code-level fixes, apply patches, and re-package for customer test
- Drive deep technical post-mortems on behalf of customers
- Deep knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes and their networking and storage cloud-native technologies in production environments
- Extensive experience on troubleshooting and debugging container related issues in production environments
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform and Openstack
- Demonstrated ability to perform code-level analysis of complex issues
- Hands-on network administration experience. Clear understanding of L2, L3, L4, L7 layers of OSI model
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Familiarity with IT automation software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Strong experience in Go programming language
- Proven experience on enterprise Technical Support or Cloud Maintenance Engineering
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.