Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive engineer, focused on development.
You will be working internally with our professional services team, cloud operations, and customer engineering teams to help our customers create automation and develop extensions and drivers to onboard their services from bare metal infrastructure to Openstack cloud and k8s clusters.
- Create automation for infrastructure provisioning
- Help integrate MySQL existing provisioning automation to Openstack APIs for the purpose to deploy MySQL clusters in VMs on Openstack
- Write high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Operational support, triage and solve issues with internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact;
- Working with technologies like: MySQL/Cassandra/Elasticsearch database environment, HAProxy load balancers, Envoy service mesh, APigee gateway, Kafka streaming service, Hadoop big data storage, Graphite time series, Grafana dashboard platform, monitoring & alerting tools, CI/CD tooling, Perl/Java/Node.js language frameworks and more...
- Lots of collaboration with customer applications developers teams
- Strong development background in Python
- Strong Openstack experience — familiarity with the APIs as a user, experience with capabilities and limitations of OpenStack — to be able to advise on that
- Knowledge of linux, virtualization & storage for the purpose of performance measurements
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Experience with provisioning automation of infrastructure
- Very good communications skills in English
- Confidence in communication regarding Python and OpenStack
Nice to Have:
- OpenStack certification
- Experience with developing or maintaining Openstack source code
- Production operations experience
- MySQL & Puppet experience
- Experience with design, development, testing, and monitoring of large-scale and data-intensive systems
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Global leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented, and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.