Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere — from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding an L2 Technical Support Engineer to our team! We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support for Mirantis Container Cloud technologies. These technologies include Mirantis Container Cloud, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine, Mirantis Secure Registry, and Mirantis Container Runtime. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
Mirantis’ Container Support team is on a mission to delight millions of developers and system administrators that rely on the Mirantis Container platform to build, share, and run their distributed applications. Our customer base spans from individuals to SMBs to large global enterprises. As Mirantis continues to experience hyper-growth, the Mirantis Container Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support via customer support portal, phone calls, remote sessions, and email for Mirantis Container Products
- Provide assistance with upgrade, configuration, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Work closely with the engineering team: Report product bugs, Request new features, etc.
- Contribute to Knowledge Base for Mirantis Customers and the rest of the team.
- Manage your workload properly to make sure all customer requests and issues are tracked and handled in a timely manner
- Occasionally work and be on call during weekends and holidays
- Have fun!
- Four year college degree preferred or work history equivalent (3+ years software engineering experience)
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills
- 1-2+ years of technical support or engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Linux software packaging, distribution, and configuration
- Good knowledge of Container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Familiarities with Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack) and virtualization technologies
- Ability to read and understand Python and GO code; good shell scripting skills
- Readiness and willingness to work 10 hours shifts for four days per week:
- Second shift candidates and First shift candidates
- Expert understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Good knowledge of REST API
- Good knowledge of Software-Defined Networking and Load Balancing Technologies
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending Logging and Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Kibana)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Helm, SaltStack)
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work for an established leader in the Cloud Native industry with over 800 enterprise customers, HQ’d in Silicon Valley.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune and Global 2000 customers implement modern open source cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Attend conferences and working groups.
- Receive a competitive compensation package plus special 30% bonus for working late evening shifts.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2’s Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!