Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a Sustaining Engineer Intern to our team! The Sustaining Engineer Intern will work on our Sustaining Engineering team which provides world-class support for the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform. The Mirantis Cloud Native Platform is made of the following technologies: Mirantis Container Runtime, Mirantis Secure Registry, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine, and Mirantis Container Cloud. You are a friendly, effective communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems. You enjoy building reproducers and finding bugs. You sling code for fun. You will work closely with Development Engineering as a part of your daily activities. You are a smart and enthusiastic junior engineer willing to learn how the world of containers works. The Sustaining team is looking for you!
- Work on automating manual processes within Sustaining Team
- Support the Sustaining team on setting up reproducers for troubleshooting.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on customer issues
- Engage with the Development Engineering teams to resolve technical issues
- Diagnose and co-develop code-level fixes, apply patches, and re-package for customer test
- Support deep technical post-mortems on behalf of customers
- Automate a basic troubleshooter for initial diagnosis based on natural language principles
- Strong skills with programming, knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- User-level experience with Linux systems (basic shell commands, working with files, installing packages etc)
- Familiarity with any code hosting platform for version control and collaboration (Github)
- Familiarity with IT automation software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Comfortable with learning multiple programming languages
- Basic understanding of REST API
- Basic understanding of virtualization/containerisation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive attitude and fast learning abilities
- Good written and spoken English (Intermediate)
Will be a plus
- User-level experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of Go language
- Experience with cloud providers: OpenStack based, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Base knowledge in computer networking
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2’s Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!