An Engineering Manager at Mira Commerce is responsible for the overall management of an assigned engineering team dedicated to building, scaling, maintaining and extending client eCommerce sites and applications. He/she will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers and on ensuring that our teams provide a positive customer experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and partnering with stakeholders on the most critical issues. An Engineering Manager will represent Mira Commerce to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. He/she will support the career growth of our engineers, technical leads, and continue to drive change and improvement within our organization. As a leader, they will support teams by providing context and connecting team members with Mira Commerce’s mission. It is a mix of a technical as well as an HR role in that an Engineering Manager acts as a competent eCommerce engineering delivery expert, providing HR oversight and leadership to his / her delivery unit.
- Manage software engineering teams; attract, develop, and retain engineering talent.
- Improve efficiency and velocity of the engineering teams; deliver results through teamwork; position and support his/her team for success by focusing on fundamentals (utilization, throughput and issues resolution, quality, collaboration, engagement).
- Provide guidance and coaching to team for addressing highly complex, strategic software engineering cases, including customer and partner escalations — and as necessary take ownership to produce a positive customer outcome.
- Effectively drive change across our organization; contribute to and help drive technology, service, solution, process improvements; drive innovation in processes and strategies throughout the engineering business unit.
- Take ownership of career development for high performing engineers; manage performance and recognition programs for his/her team.
- Assure team members are ready — technical skills, soft, professional skills, required onboarding and training, industry / platform certifications and standards, etc.
- Lead their team to success on important initiatives even during times of frequent distractions and conflicting guidance from clients / partners.
- Have constant communication with the leadership team.
- B.S. / Master level degree in Computer Science or similar;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering;
- Up-to-date knowledge of software applications programming, software architecture, database and and systems design;
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing high-performing software engineering teams;
- Understanding of SDLC management, knowledge of traditional and agile project management methodologies;
- Proven experience in organizing, planning, controlling, motivating, and leading IT teams;
- Exceptional technical, communication, and coaching skills;
- Proven negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, process, change and improve design and equipment;
- Strong presentation, written and verbal skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear, easily understood manner;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks;
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and partners;
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations;
- Fluent English (C1-C2 levels);
- Understanding of the US and Western European business practices and cultural norms; cross-cultural awareness;
- Business education such as an MBA or similar degree is a plus;
- Proven experience in delivering IT services to enterprise-level client accounts in North America and / or Western Europe is a plus.