Senior User Experience Information Architect will be responsible for developing web, mobile and cross channel user experience designs through individual contribution and participation in teams. Performance output will include deliverables such as heuristic reviews, site maps, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, design specifications, experience design briefs, etc. He or she will work with the Ecommerce Strategy leadership, and engage with internal and external teams with delivery and project managers, business stakeholders, creative teams and developers.
- Drive customer advocacy by showing empathy for our customers and users of our software solutions, their needs and goals.
- Define user requirements in response to business goals working with product management and technology partners.
- Actively participate in a cross-functional agile teams; representing User Experience alongside research, visual design, copywriting, product management, development and QA. Shares delivery accountability with agile teams.
- Create prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications.
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts in the development of use cases required to document business rules and expected online customer behaviors.
- Participate in and analyze user research and usability test results. Seeks out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions.
- Participate in project reviews; collaborate with the User Experience group in the development of, promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.
- Support and promote best practices in Quality Assurance (QA), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Participate in backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in eCommerce or other customer-facing digital experiences in eCommerce context.
- Experience interacting with creative teams, business owners and/or technical teams.
- Experience participating in, and defining, user experience processes and best practices.
- Experience with page design / wireframing programs, such as UXPin, Adobe CX, Figma, Zeplin, etc.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in fast-paced, multi-disciplined, highly creative environment.
- Flexible to adapt to a changing digital business landscape.
- Interest in emerging user experience trends and new technologies, as well as a forward-thinking mindset.
- Self-starter with an ability to manage deliverables on deadline across simultaneous projects.
- Digital marketing agency and/or consulting experience is a strong plus.
- English language fluency.
Mira Commerce is a private California-based commerce technology services provider for enterprise-level merchants, distributors, and brands since 2004. We specialize in implementing eCommerce technologies and build scalable and custom sites and applications that support multi-channel personalized commerce everywhere. We work with leading industry platform vendors including BigCommerce, Kibo Commerce Salesforce Commerce Cloud, commercetools, and others. Among our clients are FedEx, Visa, Mars, Johnson & Johnson, Mizuno, Giant Tiger, Zwilling and other industry leaders.
We develop and supports custom enterprise-level eCommerce applications for our global technology clients. These applications include middleware, connectors and extensions for leading eCommerce platforms such as Adobe Commerce (Magento), Kibo Commerce, BigCommerce, Shopify, and others.