Mine Tech Services (MTS) is a rapidly growing UK and Ukraine based mining consultancy. We are a diverse team of engineers, data scientists and developers who pride ourselves in helping to sustainably solve the key challenges facing the world’s commodity production.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work with our team in Lviv. The successful candidate will have a number of years of experience working with BI platforms, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Data Platform, and GDP. Training and mentoring will be provided to develop the individual’s business application knowledge. Please note this is an office-based role, with a minimum of 3 days a week in our Lviv office.
- Define and develop high-quality database solutions (predominantly within MS SQL Server, Azure and Google BigQuery).
- Develop, implement and optimise stored procedures, functions and ETL processes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot existing SQL-based solutions for performance improvements.
- Building data transformation pipelines using DBT.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data transformation and migration.
- Take part in architecture and strategic planning with consideration for future development.
- Producing high-quality technical documentation both internally and for clients.
- Scoping new technical briefs and providing informative solutions for stakeholders.
- Providing technical stewardship on projects, with ownership of engineering scopes, testing documentation and working with the Project Manager, having oversight of the work breakdown scheme in Jira as required.
- Being a subject matter expert for our clients and other departments and being on hand to assist with queries and find innovative and technically sound solutions.
- Staying up to date with the latest technological advancements and industry trends. Evaluate emerging technologies and assess their potential for the company’s projects.
- Identify technical risks and challenges in projects and develop mitigation strategies. Anticipate potential roadblocks and work to avoid them.
- Other tasks as necessary as expected in a senior role to drive the business forward.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- 3+ years overall experience with DWBI/ETL
- Experience with SQL Server and creation of Stored Procedures / Functions (T-SQL)
- Deep experience in SQL performance tuning and server administration
- Google Cloud Platform experience. (Google BigQuery, Logging, Cloud Build, Cloud Storage, Cloud Scheduler, DBT experience will be a plus)
- Microsoft Azure experience (Azure DevOps, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Storage)
- Understanding Azure Delta Lake concepts.
- Understanding the needs of data structures for business intelligence reporting, including Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to communicate and present complex technical information to all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tools
Personal Skills & Knowledge
- A very technology-focused individual with a strong interest in using systems and data to improve operational problems.
- Knowledge of the mining industry or a drive to learn to enable them to act as a partner to our clients
- Interested in finding innovative but practical solutions to resolve complex challenges.
- Interested in working in a dynamic environment combining technology, software and large mining equipment.
- A good communicator — both written and orally in English (B2)
- A good listener (there is a consultancy element to the role).
We offer a range of benefits, including a bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, opportunity for worldwide travel (if / when able) and joining a culture that supports you in your own career goals.
MTS is committed to our Ukraine team, and we’re growing our presence there, having just arranged to move into bigger offices to allow us to scale, so you’ll be joining an established and thriving team!