About the job
We are looking for a Senior Full-stack Engineer (focus on React) who will join a team of our partner, Pypestream, and work with them directly.
Your primary focus will be on developing front-end technology for Pypestream to build their new customer engagement platform. This platform will be a combination of low code / no code tools that will be developed by our engineering team and be used by our customers to create customer service automation solutions that can be delivered to their customers. We are looking for a “difference maker” Senior Engineer who’s proficient with front-end and backend technologies and is truly a full-stack developer who enjoy’s creating amazing front-end technology but can write optimized and performant back-end code — someone who loves to be part of the end-to-end development process. As a Senior Engineer, you’ll translate product requirements into true product technology solutions that will ship to our customers in a timely manner and be committed to both quality and security. You’ll work directly with our Product team to ensure that you have an understanding of the requirements and will coach, mentor and lead your teammates through to successful launches of releases and follow and help develop engineering "best practice“’. As a Senior Engineer you will be a difference maker on the team and lead by example with a “Give a damn” mentality, motivated, and great with figuring out solutions to a given problem.
What we expect:
- 6+ years of demonstrable experience
- Strong proficiency in TypeScript
- Strong proficiency in GraphQL
- Proficiency in Apollo, Next.js, Remix
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL or another SQL technology
- Experience with common front-end tooling and technologies:
Webpack, NPM, NPM Publishing
Pub/Sub, Websockets, JSON Schema
Prettier, Eslint, Stylelint, etc
- Experience with code versioning tools with Git, Github Actions
- Experience State Management, ideally x-state
- Strong understanding of Web Components (i.e. Lit Element)
Nice to have:
- Docker, Container experience
- Worked with automation tools such as UIPath, Blue Prisma or n8n
- Chat bot experience
- Developing low code / no code tooling
- Design Systems
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead small to mid-sized engineering projects but also be a highly productive individual contributor.
- Write modern, high quality frontend / full-stack glue code connecting backend and frontend systems; “back of the frontend” application / business logic.
- Shared responsibility in code reviews, tag-team on solving problems.
- Contribute in improving automated testing coverage (unit, E2E, VRT).
- Writing modern, high quality frontend / full-stack glue code connecting backend and frontend systems; “back of the frontend” application / business logic
- Identify and translate data requirements into GraphQL queries, mutations and subscriptions; rapid GraphQL prototyping via Hasura
- Building and maintaining modern FE / BE applications, reusable components / utilities, and services in the frontend monorepo
- Conduct Cross-team collaboration (other frontend / full-stack engineers, design, and product)
- Provide feedback on design (Figma) comps, product requirement docs; break down and define the work (for self + delegation)
- Help your team write better, more maintainable code.
- Pre-screen interview with a recruiter;
- Technical interview with CTO;
- Final interview with the client.