Mate academy — EdTech startup training people to code and get their first job in tech. Students are trained for free until they get a job in tech, then they pay a percentage of their salary (Income share agreement model). 1800+ students placed with a 90% success rate🤘
Our mission — train 1M software engineers around the globe 🌎
We are looking for someone who has:
- Accountant experience 2+ years;
- Good experience with Excel/Google Sheets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in end to end cycle of month close and management reporting;
- Knowledge of Accounting and Tax accounting reporting of Ukrainian tax legislation;
- Experience working with Cyprus and other EU jurisdictions;
- English Upper-Intermediate or higher.
Will be a plus:
- Getting financial qualifications in the process (ACCA, CFA, CIMA).
Your tasks will include:
- Monitoring cash flow activities, cash balances, and performing day-to-day financial operations;
- KYC/compliance, regular communication with banks and other partners, and keeping the company’s agreements updated;
- Daily bookkeeping of transactions to the accounting system, for UA, Polish, and Cyprus entities under IFRS;
- Tax reporting and compliance in Ukraine and assist with tax reporting in Cyprus and European legislation (VAT and other relevant taxes);
- Month close of local and Group accounts and support management reporting;
- Control activities over primary documents quality and existence;
- Participation in annual audit;
- Active participation in unified accounting system implementation;
- Supporting private entrepreneurs in various capacities (operational, registrations, banking), and advising top management on accounting and operational matters.
- A mission to help 1M of people to start their career in tech;
- Freedom to make own decisions and influence business as well as improve accounting and financial processes;
- Close to zero bureaucracy;
- Unlimited paid vacation;
- Work directly with the company’s founders (seasoned entrepreneurs, ex-Google engineer).