Have you ever envisioned the exhilarating journey of crafting the user interface and experience for groundbreaking platforms like Uber or Airbnb right from the conceptual stage? Imagine the thrill of designing the initial web interface without the constraints of legacy code or corporate red tape — a pure manifestation of creativity and innovation. Here’s your chance to join the founding team of the next major disruptor in revolutionizing the legal services market for consumers.
Company HQ: Manhattan, New York City
About Manifest: Have you ever wondered why hiring a lawyer is so astronomically expensive? Why are we forced to pay massive upfront retainers to law firms? Why are we billed for every 30-second phone call or a short text message at a massive hourly rate? Why? Why? Why?
Today, consumers are forced to spend thousands of dollars on overpriced lawyers or self-lawyer their cases by using free online forms of questionable quality.
At Manifest Law, there is a better way. Our Mission is to provide millions of Americans access to the modern-day justice system. Manifest is a new-generation law firm that provides clients (B2C) with fixed rates, convenient payment plans, and a dedicated, friendly customer service team. No more surprise bills. No more retainers. No more chasing lawyers for weeks to get answers to simple questions.
Manifest Law is powered by our proprietary AI software that streamlines legal services and enables our lawyers to be more efficient, enabling us to offer clients more affordable and friendly legal services.
About the founder of Manifest: Dan Mishin is a first-generation Ukrainian-American repeat founder based in New York City. Previously founded June Homes — a leading flexible American housing platform ($65 million raised from VCs, 200+ employees, profitable). Prior to June Homes, Dan built multiple successful hospitality businesses in Europe and was named Top 5 student entrepreneurs in the World in 2012 and the Top leader in New York City real estate in 2022 according to Crains NYC.
Your location: First 3-6 months remote, then relocation to NYC paid by the company, including a 2-month housing stipend and visa support.
Important: For this role, we are looking for a designer with the ability and willingness to relocate to the US after successfully working remotely. The company is willing to support and facilitate the relocation process.
You will report to:
The Founder and the Head of Design
About the head of Design Head of Design with a decade of experience in digital product design. He has successfully worked and led teams for startups backed by Y-Combinator to enterprise-level companies, specializing in B2B, B2C Software, Mobile Apps, and SaaS across different industries.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including the founder, product team , developers, and legal experts, to understand user needs and design intuitive and user-friendly interfaces.
- Conduct user interviews and customer development to learn the needs of customers of Manifest Law.
- Conduct competitive research and create idea presentations for the management team;
- Conduct the end-to-end design process from ideation and wireframing to high-fidelity prototypes and user testing.
- Develop a consistent and compelling visual language for the Manifest platform, ensuring a seamless and delightful user experience.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, user behaviors, and emerging design technologies to bring innovative solutions to the table.
- Iterate designs based on user feedback and performance metrics, continuously improving the user experience.
- Adapt the brand’s visual identity to the digital format and ensure its development
- 3+ years of proven experience as a UI/UX/Product designer
- Experience in designing B2C websites and mobile applications;
- Understanding of key website performance principles including SEO requirements.
- A product mindset with a keen understanding of the intersection between user experience and business goals.
- Identifying challenges within products.
- Creating distinct visual concepts
- Advanced proficiency in using Figma, including mastery of features like auto-layout, components, animations, and a keen understanding of the implications of the latest updates.
- Hands-on experience in building and developing design systems.
- Conversational English proficiency to effectively communicate design decisions and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to produce high-quality results in a rapid and efficient manner
- A young, energetic team of experienced startup operators and founders
- Understanding how successful startups are built from the ground up
- Great level of freedom, responsibility and influence on the final product.
- Opportunity to grow to a leadership position as the company grows
- Competitive salary
- Partial coverage of education and courses
- Coverage to pay for a coworking or workplace arrangement
- Most importantly: the ability to relocate to New York and relocation assistance
- Submit the online form to kick off the process: forms.gle/YUxtWCr397oLfc7G9 (👉👉👉 IMPORTANT👈👈👈)
- Technical interview with the head of design (Zoom)
- Test assignment
- Final interview with the founder of the company (Zoom)
- Receive and review the offer