MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
MacPaw creates cybersecurity products and enhances its active software with features that ensure a safe online experience. In 2023 — MacPaw became a finalist in the Organization Excellence category of the Fortress Cyber Security Awards 2023 organized by Business Intelligence Group.
Now, we are looking for an experienced and proactive Desktop QA Engineer to join the Moonlock team.
Moonlock is MacPaw’s new cybersecurity division, specially created to help Mac users stay safe online. We’ve assembled a team of experts to create easy-to-use cybersecurity tools for all Mac users. The Moonlock team is working on the creation of the product now.
Moonlock has launched Moonlock Engine technology, which now empowers the Malware Removal module of MacPaw’s most popular product — CleanMyMac X.
So, as a QA Engineer, you will work on the anti-malware technology and will be involved in developing a new product almost from scratch.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality of our product
- Help to build and maintain scalable, automated testing process from scratch according to the product requirements
- Perform both manual and automation testing of macOS desktop applications using platform-related technologies
- Help with processing technical support tickets from product users
- Help to build and maintain CI/CD
- Create and maintain testing documentation covering system specifics (TestRail)
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- At least 3+ years of solid experience in product testing (both manual and automation)
- Strong experience with testing native apps (desktop or mobile) or strong experience with the creation of autotests: Swift + XCTest(XCUITest) is a huge plus, but we are willing to consider experience with JS/TS + Playwright or Kotlin + TestNG(JUnit) + RestAssured or Java (JS+Playwright is a unified stack for all MacPaw products, so we want to give a chance to those who have experience working with these technologies but want to expand their skills to try their hand at it)
- Understanding of Desktop platform architecture (preferably Unix, Linux, or macOS systems)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail, Postman, Charles
- Experience in preparing test documentation ( test plans, test suites, test cases, checklists, etc.)
- At least an Intermediate level of English
- Quick learning ability and adapting to using various technologies
- A sense of ownership, ability to self-manage, and great communication skill
As a Plus:
- Experience with security testing practices
- Knowledge of basic bash (shell) commands
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, GitHub actions, Azure Pipelines, TeamCity, etc.)
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.