MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
At MacPaw, we value innovation, and here our Technological R&D Service comes to help. The team’s primary goals are to research, try out upcoming software development trends and approaches, build and boost the R&D culture inside MacPaw, thus creating an environment where innovations are a part of the company’s daily workflow.
This unique position combines the benefits of working within an academic research-driven environment with the benefits of the commercial sector, including lack of bureaucracy, access to necessary tools and technologies, and endless support from the side of management.
As a member of our R&D team, with a scientist, designer, and about three more engineers, you will conduct several in-depth researches and examine modern technologies in tight collaboration with each other.
If you love what you saw above, are thrilled by complicated tasks, and are ready to bring your engineering ideas to life — make sure to send us your CV!
In this role, you will:
- Research, analyze (how to do it?), and validate (can it be done?) technical solutions for product needs by looking for possible existent approaches (reverse engineering, analyzing related data, etc.)
- Influence on Product/Service decisions by proposing new ideas, expressing doubts, and validating existing solutions based on own technical expertise
- Deliver tech documentation that describes research results and ways of implementation if possible
- Implement prototype technical solutions and adapt them to Product/Service changes during the course of an innovations research project, solve related technical conflicts with the engineering team
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Strong knowledge of the Apple ecosystem
- Profound background with Swift/Objective-C/C
- Practical experience with building applications prototypes from scratch
- Upper — Intermediate+ level of English
As a Plus:
- Reverse engineering skills (Hopper, IDA, etc.)
- Knowledge of how the software works
- Desire to break things
- Knowledge of macOS internal
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.