MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Senior QA Engineer to join our team.
At MacPaw, we always aim to make progress and never stop searching for new ways to improve the world. That is why we will launch a new product to strengthen people’s trust in technology and befriend them with AI. Since the new product is at an early stage, this is a great opportunity to become part of a team that will develop a new product almost from scratch.
Our perfect match is someone who would join to build an automated testing process from scratch and has strong experience with that.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of our product
- Build and maintain scalable, automated testing process from scratch according to the product requirements
- Perform both manual and automation testing of macOS desktop applications using platform-related technologies
- Help with processing technical support tickets from product users
- Help to build and maintain CI/CD
- Create and maintain testing documentation covering system specifics(TestRail)
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- At least 3+ years of strong experience in product testing
- Experience with Unix systems
- Strong experience with the creation of automation process from scratch using any object-oriented programming language(preferably Swift)
- Strong manual testing experience
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, GitHub actions, Azure, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail, Postman, Charles
- Experience in preparing test documentation ( test plans, test suites, test case, checklists, etc.)
- At least an Intermediate level of English
- Quick learning ability and adapting to using various technologies
- A sense of ownership, ability to self-manage, and great communication skill
As a plus:
- Understanding of macOS architecture
- Experience with security testing practices
- Experience with testing applications on the macOS and Mobile (iOS) platforms
- Be familiar with Swift + XCTest (XCUITest) (the theoretical knowledge and practical skills)
- Practical skills in REST API testing
- Knowledge of basic bash (shell) commands
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.