MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Now we’re looking for macOS Software Engineers who are true explorers and keen on investigating new technologies, passionate about software architecture and system design, responsible and independent, have a wide range of knowledge in development (not only in your area but also in best engineering practices as well). If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
A bit more about the team:
At MacPaw, we value innovation, and our Technological R&D Service comes to help. The team’s primary goals are to research, try out upcoming software development trends and approaches, and build and boost the R&D culture inside MacPaw, thus creating an environment where innovations are a part of the company’s daily workflow.
We move fast, we break things. We don’t have many processes, but lots of freedom. Not only that, but we do passionate about making an impact on the IT industry’s development. So in your day-to day tasks will be a huge variety of interesting tasks, from architectural decisions in logic to SwiftUI beauty.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze (how to do?) and validate (can be done?) technical solutions for business problems/ideas/needs. Suggest alternatives with reasoning about their pros and cons
- Decompose and estimate validated technical solutions for business problems/ideas/needs into technical tasks
- Contribute to the product/service with ideas, features, and improvements
- Suggest architectural solutions and/or development tools to implement a technical task
- Implement technical solutions to cover all acceptance criteria and other team agreements (e.g tech documentation, tests, etc)
- React on issues and failures by investigating and fixing them according to project tasks priorities
- Suggest technical solutions for increasing product/service stability and performance if needed
- Communicate with the team and PM to clarify implementation details, edge cases, specify input or missing data and possible use-cases/flows
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 2+ years of macOS/iOS development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- Experience in NLP (Natural Language framework or relevant)
- Understanding of the major Machine Learning approaches
- Previous experience with CoreML/CreateML
- Practical experience with custom interfaces implementations
- Background in 3D interfaces (SceneKit/RealityKit/ARKit frameworks or relevant)
- Expertise in multithreading
- Upper-Intermediate English
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.