MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe technology and humans can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Continuous improvement is one of MacPaw’s core values. Therefore, creating an environment that nurtures and supports macpawians’ professional and personal development is one of our main priorities.
Our Learning & Development Team is looking for a Learning & Development specialist who’s brave enough to support L&D system within MacPaw, and work on its further improvement. You will also partner with MacPaw leaders to help them create development plans and education events for their teams.
A bit more about the team:
- The Learning and Development Team is a part of the Human Dimensions (HD) Division. Which is quite a big team that consists of several streams: Organizational Design, Performance management, Product Partnership, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development
- In HD, we use Kanban and have daily standups to share our progress, thoughts and ideas. As a part of the L&D team, you will also participate in team weekly updates
- We are a cross-functional team, and we want all team members to see the bigger picture of how the HR processes work in our company. This way, we all can implement different ideas and help colleagues in other areas (recruiting, education, policies, employer branding, etc.)
In this role, you will:
- Explore and study our current developments in the L&D field
- Take part in developing and administrating the company’s L&D system. You will be responsible for its structure maintenance, improvement, and implementation
- Partner with leadership and stakeholders, diagnose their teams’ L&D needs and then design and implement solutions for systematic and individual cases
- Along with People Department, cultivate a deep understanding of MacPaw’s learning experiences and communicate new solutions within the company
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Demonstrated experience in L&D, Talent Development
- Experience in building and supporting L&D systems
- Knowledge of training approaches, learning platforms, and best practices within the L&D market
- Good skills in building and maintaining partnership relationships with individuals across all levels, departments, etc.
- Strong project management skills and sharp attention to detail
- Must be a proven communicator (written and in a live presentation) to explain decisions and new processes
- Upper Intermediate+ English
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We’re also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.