MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe technology and humans can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Right now, we are working on a new innovative product. This role is an excellent opportunity for you to join an exciting adventure at the very beginning and grow into the Lead Engineering Manager role in the future.
Engineering Managers at MacPaw lead the engineering teams by planning and managing the development processes to deliver quality product solutions. They also constantly work on strengthening the team`s technological expertise through individual and teamwork. You will work with non-trivial tasks, do a lot of research, and influence the strategy of the new product.
A bit more about the team:
We are a team of software madmen in the best possible meaning of the term. We really like what we do and are passionate about making an impact on the IT industry’s development.
You will join an existing cross-functional team and actively participate in the initial product development and forming an effective engineering team.
If you`re interested in joining us in this adventure — don`t hesitate to send your CV and learn more about it!
In this role, you will:
- Embrace the technological leadership in a team, plan and agree on engineering activities and tasks/project priorities in alignment with the Product Manager
- Manage teamwork by planning and prioritizing engineering backlog, clarifying tasks, monitoring progress, and eliminating blockers to establish effective coordination and delivery efforts
- Be responsible for implementing technical solutions, new approaches, or development processes aligned with MacPaw approaches on a team level
- Keep team processes effective and reasonable to support team cooperation and delivery
- Maintain proper team performance, provide guidance, identify skill gaps, and support employees’ professional development
- Conduct regular people management processes for team members (hiring, training, development and salary review, etc.) aligned with company practices and policies and with the HR Partners` support
- Identify and cope with cross-team/functional dependencies and risks with other teams to eliminate blockers in the value delivery process
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Strong engineering background that can help with planning and achieving product goals
- Experience with macOS
- Experience with OS-level internals (Kernel)
- Proven practical experience in people management and technical project management
- Experience in guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city. If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee life insurance starting on your first working day. Besides, we cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.