MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
MacPaw is a team of software madmen in the best possible meaning of the term. We really like what we do and are passionate about making an impact on the development of the IT industry.
Moreover, our colleagues willingly share their experiences within the team (well, sharing is caring, as they say). But this is not the limit, so our engineers, designers, and other well-experienced specialists would like to transmit their knowledge outside the MacPaw walls.
And here, we need the help of a tech-savvy Content Editor who can transform complex technical things into simple, understandable explanations and compose them in an attractive form.
If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
Please apply by sending us your CV and work portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Help the team to launch a tech blog where news and experiences will be shared
- Design standards and tone of voice for tech blog articles
- Edit, rewrite and polish articles written by the MacPaw engineers, designers and other product specialists
- Work with video content/podcasts and transform them into a text form
- Write technology news and announcements
- Closely cooperate with the Technology Brand Manager, designers, engineers, etc.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Impeccable English
- Profound experience in technical content creation, editorship, and proofreading (in cooperation with software engineers)
- Experience in content structure design
- Knowledge of software development technologies and engineering terms
- Thirst for exploring new and ready to research, ask questions
As a Plus:
- Apple-inspired: watch all Apple events and occasions, keep an eye on Apple-related articles and news
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Experience in working with several clients at the same time
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We’re also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.