MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
At MacPaw, we value innovation, and here our Technological R&D Service comes to help. The team’s primary goals are to research, try out upcoming software development trends and approaches, build and boost the R&D culture inside MacPaw, thus creating an environment where innovations are a part of the company’s daily workflow.
The results of the R&D Service’s researches, like all milestones in our life, need to be documented (we call these docs ‘research papers‘).
That is why we are looking for a Technical Writer who is a true explorer and keen on investigating new technologies, getting to the bottom, and structuring all the outcomes.
If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
Please apply by sending us your CV and work portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Build processes and standards for new research papers creation
- Rewrite a range of already existing research papers that are on different readiness levels
- Join the engineers (a.k.a. research authors) in new researches and document findings/results in the research papers
- Help the team to launch a platform where the findings and acquired knowledge will be shared (example)
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Impeccable English
- Profound experience in writing technical docs in English
- Thirst for exploring new and getting to its bottom
- Be persistent and ready to ask millions of questions
- Ability to mix and switch from one topic to another
- Knowledge of Markdown
As a Plus:
- Experience in writing research papers, ideally—working with scientific research
- Experience with Mac platform/software
- Experience with GitHub
- Basic understanding of ML, AI, VR, Cyber Security
- Familiarity with software development technologies and programming languages
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.