MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
At Graphic Design Service, we support MacPaw products in various design matters. Our team aims to constantly improve the quality of MacPaw design production in visual communications. And to achieve that, we’ve created a complex of in-house design services that helps make our products’ visuals that follow the company`s design values.
You will work closely with different product teams and help them to systemize their approach to graphics. In the long run, your work will enable teams to make changes to the designs on a regular and consistent basis.
Our team now consists of a Service Manager/Senior Graphic Designer and two aspiring Junior Graphic Designers. And we look forward to a new experienced teammate joining us!
We see a Senior Visual Designer as an independent and self-sufficient specialist who knows how to put a big task into pieces and plan its realization.
If it sounds exciting to you, don’t hesitate to send us your CV & portfolio!
In this role, you will:
- Create visual communications for MacPaw Products
- Design graphics with consistent colors, shapes, 3D, and typography fonts
- Develop, facelift, and control the quality of static and animated elements, like illustrations and icons
- Create a standard approach to style that will apply to already existing products or new ones
- Provide quality control of graphic elements by analyzing trends, emotional perception, speed of perception, and timely feedback
- Work cross-functionally with designers of other disciplines
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 4+ years of experience in graphic/visual design
- You know at least 70% of the next tools and technologies: Figma, Sketch, Procreate, Photoshop, After Effects
- Experience with 3D illustrations or icons
- Experience with Cinema4D
- Passion for the Apple ecosystem
- Ability to work in different styles
- Client-oriented approach
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We’re also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.