MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for a proactive and innovative-thinking Site Reliability Engineer to scale the team.
You will join a team of 9 Engineers and partner closely with all MacPaw products and teams to solve ongoing infrastructure tasks. This role requires excellent communication skills, autonomy, and the ability to work with various stakeholders.
Current challenges of our team include:
- working on building resilient, fault-tolerant, cost-effective infrastructure foundations for our products and services in tight cooperation with software engineering teams;
- identifying common patterns in SDLC processes and product infrastructure needs, making reusable solutions for similar problems, and standardizing our technical stack;
- eliminate toil and automate routine operational tasks.
Together with a team, you will also face the mission to spread the DevOps culture within MacPaw. We aim to remove the “wall of confusion” and make infrastructure orchestration more concise and friendly for software engineering teams to empower the ability to achieve business goals quickly and efficiently.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement highly available, resilient, maintainable, scalable, reusable and cost-effective infrastructure solutions
- Develop tools that abstract underlying infrastructure complexity and provides easy to use interfaces to development teams
- Design, implement and support of CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and eliminate toil
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation responding to service disruptions with proper incident handling
- Research and develop new tools and approaches to solve business needs/problems
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Proficient knowledge in computer networking, Unix/Linux internals, and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Understanding principles of building fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Hands-on experience in describing infrastructure as code
- Experience working with Kubernetes container orchestration system and accompanying cloud-native project tools such as Helm, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience creating efficient and maintainable CI/CD pipelines
- Experience writing code in one of the popular high-level languages such as Go or Python
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to specialists or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the working space. However you decide to mix it up, the working space is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Working space designed for people (and pets)
Our working space has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the working space, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the working space (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 4 working days per year making the world a better place.