MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
MacPaw is about creating apps and services that improve users’ everyday lives. We make products that enhance what Mac and iOS have to offer, saving people’s time and energy better spent on the things they love.
And now, we’re looking for an experienced and proactive QA Engineer to join our product Setapp. If you want to work in a team of strong engineers, who solve complex and exciting challenges using the latest technology stack and develop your skills in automation, this vacancy is just for you!
Setapp is MacPaw’s subscription-based app service for macOS and iOS. It provides access to 200+ quality apps that cover such categories as productivity, web development, Mac maintenance, creativity, writing, education, etc.
Setapp’s mission is to give Apple users easy access to stellar apps, so they can focus on doing the job, not looking for the tools.
In this role, you will:
- Handle manual and automation activities and be responsible for product quality, developing and supporting testing infrastructure
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute testing activities
- Maintain and extend QA automation on the project
- Develop functional tests scenarios
- Create test documentation based on requirements
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Strong experience with manual testing, at least two years
- 1+ years of practical experience with automation testing
- Experience with any programming language for writing test automation
- Experience with macOS or Linux based OS
- Understanding of macOS platform architecture
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of CI/CD process principles
- English Pre-intermediate or higher
As a Plus:
- Experience with testing across macOS, iOS platforms
- Knowledge of Swift/Objective-C/Kotlin (not required, but would be a huge plus)
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you decide to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.