We are looking for a Technical Writer for our ClearVPN Team.
ClearVPN is the first effortless VPN for a personalized and secure online experience, available on multiple platforms — macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows. It helps its users access any content, secures their online interactions, provides them with ready-made Shortcuts, and automatically chooses the best idle server.
As a Technical Writer, you will be working on the most rapidly-growing MacPaw product, and on some internal MacPaw projects. For this position, you must have experience working as a technical writer, you’ll manage the User Support Knowledge Base, and maintain the project documentation on Confluence.
In this role you will:
- Plan, prioritize, and manage documentation-related activities on multiple projects
- Write and maintain understandable and well-structured product documentation — for both users and developers: user guides, online help files, knowledge base articles, FAQs, developer’s notes, how-tos, internal product specifications, wiki pages, and so on
- Create easy-to-understand diagrams to illustrate the application logic for engineers and product managers
- Create simple and beautiful illustrations, screenshots, gifs, infographics to make your docs even more friendly
- Keep an eye on product changes and update docs in time
- Analyze existing content and product functionality to suggest new content strategies and improvements
- Cooperate with teams to get all product info
- Help colleagues create quality documentation, in particular: proofread docs, provide detailed feedback, share your TW’s life hacks
- Be ready to make some research and basic software testing
Skills you’ll need to bring:
Writing & style:
- Fluent English with impeccable grammar
- 2+ years of experience in writing and editing documentation for both users and developers
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with Apple Style Guide
- Simple, concise, and user-friendly style
- Content authoring tools: Confluence, Zendesk Guide, Readme.io, and/or other solutions
- Image editing, graphics, and design tools: Snagit, Figma or Sketch, and/or other solutions (experience in creating diagrams, gifs, learning videos, etc.)
- At least basic experience with macOS
As a plus:
- Technical background
- Experience in preparing legal docs and, in particular, patents
- Experience in UX writing
- QA and testing skills
- Diagramming with UML or similar logic-oriented frameworks
What we offer:
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you decide to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.