MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
As a QA engineer at MacPaw, you will be tasked with implementing testing best practices and ensuring high-quality standards. We need our QA engineers to be inquisitive and meticulous to ensure our QA processes and strategies are robust and scalable.
Setapp is a web+desktop service that gives users unlimited access to the library of 200+ applications right on their Mac. For a subscription fee, it allows you to use all these quality apps you’ve always wanted to try out — without the need to buy and install each app individually.
We are a collaborative and diverse team of smart thinkers and builders who support each other at every step — in our work, our careers, and our lives. Together we create the insights informing the decisions that move the world forward.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to make a significant impact at a high-growth company, this is the right opportunity for you.
In this role, you will:
- Testing product using relevant testing techniques
- Integrate and maintain in up-to-date state test flow (Decomposes features into test components for prioritization workload)
- Create test documentation based on requirements
- Analysis business needs considering UX design and platform requirements
- Maintain and extend automation tests on a project:
For End-to-End tests using framework JS + WebdriverIO
For API tests using framework Kotlin + TestNG + RestAssured
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 2+ years experience in manual testing
- 1+ years practical experience with test automation (UI, API, End-to-End)
- Experience with frameworks WebdriverIO, Playwright, TestNG, etc.
- Understanding of Web architecture
- Practical experience with different test techniques
- Maintain testing flow on the project
- Experience with different types of testing artifacts
- Practical experience version control systems (GIT)
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Code Review
As a Plus:
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience with preparing a Test Environment
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunchesThere are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.