MacPaw is about creating apps and services that improve user’s everyday lives. We make products that enhance what Mac and iOS have to offer, saving people’s time and energy better spent on the things they love.
Right now we’ve got about 10 different products under our belt. And our Platform Team’s mission is to provide all the company’s product and service teams with the web platforms necessary to interact with users and reach MacPaw business goals. Current challenges include building a fail-safe activation system, billing system, and customer account for all MacPaw desktop applications (our desktop lineup includes CleanMyMac, Gemini, CleanMyPC, and others, with millions of users worldwide).
If you want to work in a team of strong engineers, who solve complex and interesting challenges using the latest technology stack, and develop your skills in automation, this vacancy is just for you!
You will be joining a team of 13 members. The Platform Team includes 2 QA engineers, a Product Owner, 4 Backend Engineers, 3 Frontend Engineers, a Desktop SDK Developer, and 2 Designers. You will work on an existing project in production and test its backend, frontend, desktop, and also write autotests. We work mostly using SCRUM, and the QA team also has a Kanban board where anyone can bring their ideas on automation.
But if your experience with automation is not too big — don’t worry. That’s not a problem for us, because we are ready to teach you.
Your tasks in the nearest future will include:
- Testing MacPaw’s internal and external user accounts.
- Testing the macpaw.com website.
- Maintaining test documentation of an existing project, writing your own.
- 2+ years experience in manual testing.
- Understanding of Web architecture.
- Practical experience with different test techniques.
- Experience in maintaining testing flow on the project.
- Experience with different types of testing artifacts.
- Practical experience in version control systems (GIT).
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Azure, etc.).
- Basic SQL knowledge.
As a Plus
- Practical experience with test automation (UI, API, End-to-End).
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software:
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give them access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like to, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.