We are looking for an experienced and proactive back-end developer to join our Platform Team.
At MacPaw, the Platform Team is a team whose mission is to provide product and service teams with the web platforms necessary to interact with users and reach MacPaw business goals.
Current challenges include building a fail-safe activation system, billing system, and customer account for all MacPaw desktop applications. MacPaw’s desktop lineup includes CleanMyMac, Gemini, CleanMyPC, and others, with millions of users, worldwide.
You will be joining an existing team of thirteen members — a product owner, four backend engineers, three frontend engineers, two QA engineers, one desktop SDK developer, and two designers.
We expect our future colleague to have a strong technical background. Someone with an architectural background, an experience of interaction with Tech Ops teams, who’s not afraid of taking responsibility. Our ideal candidate likes refactoring and understands why it is necessary.
- Designing and building systems for desktop activation, billing, and other mission-critical systems
- Developing APIs for use inside of our desktop products, as well as our web-based customer account
- Optimizing systems to make them faster, more efficient, more secure
- Improve existing systems, communicating with operations engineers, technical support to resolve code issues
- Take an active part in the technical development of the product by proposing ideas and improvements. For example, building a system to defend our services from DDOS-attacks, system for internal events processing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, understanding of SOLID principles and theirs usage
- At least 2 years of development experience with PHP
- Experience with Symfony
- Experience with one of RDBMS (PostgreSQL as plus)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience of testing (PHPUnit, Behat 3 ...)
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Be self-organized and detail-oriented
As a Plus
- Experience with payment solution integration
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS)
- Experience of building and launching systems from scratch
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period.
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like to, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.