Right now, we are working on a new innovative product. It’s an opportunity to join an exciting adventure at the very beginning. You will work with untrivial tasks, do a lot of research, and influence the strategy of the new product.
You will join an existing cross-functional team. We each have our area of expertise, but our contribution to the product’s growth reaches far beyond our typical specialties. With two more mature Software Engineers, you will influence everything related to application development for macOS.
You are the right fit for this role if you are responsible and independent, have a passion for creating new solutions, and have a wide range of knowledge in development (not only in your area but also in best engineering practices as well). We also hope you’ll be a good communicator who likes constructive discussions, and you’re able to support your opinion with arguments and facts.
If you love what you saw above, thrilled by complicated tasks, and ready to bring to life your engineering ideas, make sure to send us your resume!
— Implement technical solutions to cover all acceptance criteria and other team agreements (e.g., tech documentation, tests, NFRs, etc.)
— React on issues and failures by investigating and fixing them according to product task priorities
— Contribute to the product with ideas, features, and improvements
— Communicate with the team and PM to clarify implementation details, edge cases, specify input or missing data and possible use cases/flows
— Help customer support to resolve user issues, conduct technical communication with customers if needed
— 2+ years of macOS/iOS development experience
— Swift and objective-c knowledge
— AppKit experience
— Experience with FMDatabase(SQL)/CoreData/Realm
— Multithreading knowledge
— Understanding of XPC
— Intermediate English level
— Knowledge of macOS fundamentals
— C/C++ experience
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. If you’d like to move to Kyiv, we’ll try our best to make your relocation smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. You are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.