We are looking for a Security Research Engineer to strengthen the Malware Lab team!
With two more mature engineers, you will research brand new operating systems security mechanisms, examine recent virus samples, look for ways to detect malware by its behavior, and outsmart developers of malicious programs.
You are the right fit for this role if you are responsible and independent, have a passion for creating new solutions, and feel comfortable working with a high level of uncertainty. We also hope you’ll be a good communicator who likes constructive discussions, and you’re able to support your opinion with arguments and facts.
If you love what you saw above, thrilled by complicated tasks, and ready to bring to life your engineering ideas, make sure to send us your resume!
— Contribute to the product with ideas, features, and improvements
— Research, analyze (how to do?), and validate (can be done?) security solutions for product needs by looking for possible existent approaches, reverse engineering, analyzing related data, etc
— Analyze data received from users (such as malware samples, its location, etc) to improve existent security solutions or research new
— Deliver tech documentation that exhaustingly describes research results and way of implementation if possible
— Help customer support to resolve related user issues, conduct technical communication with customers if needed
— Experience with reverse engineering tools (Hopper, IDA, etc.)
— Deriving Indicators of Compromise
— Experience identifying and analyzing known cryptography algorithms
— Malware analysis experience
— Strong analytical skills
— Understanding UNIX Operating System concepts: processes, virtual & physical memory, filesystem
— At least basic Assembly language
— Knowledge of any scripting language, preferably Bash or Python
— Familiarity with OS virtualization in order to perform dynamic malware analysis
— Intermediate English level
— Vulnerabilities research experience
— Knowledge of macOS internals
— C/C++ low-level development
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. If you’d like to move to Kyiv, we’ll try our best to make your relocation smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. You are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.