This role is for you if you like taking active part in the product’s development and are interested in diving deeper into macOS systems testing.
Setapp is a desktop service that gives users unlimited access to a collection of 200+ quality Mac applications for every daily task. For a subscription fee, it offers the opportunity to use all the apps you’ve always wanted to try out — without the need to buy each app individually.
As a member of the Setapp product team, you will be able to participate in the product’s development and task planning directly. Every 6 weeks, we re-organize into mini-teams (squads), and everyone can choose what features they want to work on. So you can either directly lead the feature from the draft idea to the client, or brainstorm your own ideas to improve Setapp, or join any team to work on existing tasks together. It’s all up to you!
— Work with the team at the beginning of feature design, functional consistency validation.
— Conduct manual and create automation tests for Setapp Desktop client.
— If necessary, manual validation of Web API for Desktop client.
— Register, validate, maintain the issues.
— Develop CI process for testing.
— Document testing processes.
— Understanding of platform architecture (knowledge of macOS would be a plus).
— Familiarity with the file system (HFS+/APFS).
— Experience with CLI tools.
— Experience with version control systems (GIT).
— Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Azure Pipelines, Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar).
— Knowledge of Swift or Objective-C.
— Knowledge of scripting languages (BASH, Python, AppleScript, etc.)
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. If you’d like to move to Kyiv, we’ll try our best to make your relocation smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. You are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.