Gemini 2 is a macOS desktop app that finds duplicate and similar files on your device and wipes them away with laser accuracy, freeing up tons of space on your Mac. With the help of smart algorithms, it scans your whole disk speed-of-light fast. Another thing that users love about Gemini 2 is how good it looks. In fact, even design critics give it five stars: Gemini 2 won the Red Dot award for UI design, so it’s officially the prettiest duplicate finder out there.
And now we’re launching its new version, which will be even smarter, faster, and cooler! The product is entering the active stage of development, and we are looking for a QA Engineer to join our team and help us create new features for the latest version of Gemini and updates for Gemini 2.
If you’ve got good experience in manual testing and are ready to learn automation testing for desktop products, this vacancy is just for you!
You will join the Gemini Desktop team that consists of PM, two MacOS developers, QA Engineer, Product Analyst, Product Marketing Manager, and Product Designer. In our team, we value friendly relationships. We communicate not just as colleagues but as friends — joking and goofing around but supporting each other as well.
— Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
— Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured testing documentation.
— Take part in estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities.
— Track and report the life cycle of discovered bugs.
— Prepare and maintain a testing database with duplicates and similars.
— Provide test support for the development team and support team.
— Take ownership of the new features’ release process.
— Desktop testing experience (Good knowledge of macOS would be a huge plus).
— Familiarity with the file system (HFS+/APFS).
— Understanding of macOS specifics (permissions, sandbox, processes, launch agents/launch daemons, etc.)
— Experience with CLI tools
— Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar) and version control systems (e.g., GIT, SVN, and others)
— Swift/Objective-C (not required, but would be a huge plus).
— UI testing, Xcode serve.
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedback and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. If you’d like to move to Kyiv, we’ll try our best to make your relocation smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. You are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 8 directions with tons of projects under each one!) within the MacPawCares program.