We are looking for a proactive and results-oriented Accountant specialist who will conduct day-to-day financial/accounting operations and reporting compliance according to internal financial policies and law regulations. This is the opportunity to participate in business restructuring and build an accounting system according to the Ukrainian legal system and IFRS’s new rules and requirements.
— Maintain records regarding payments and account balances, processing and recording transactions in accounting databases
— Audit financial transactions and documents to ensure that they comply with internal and external financial policies and regulations
— Prepare periodic financial reports
— Participate in regular tax and external audits and payroll
— Participate in financial and accounting procedures automatization
— Review and audit work of contractors/partners
— Systematically monitors changes in legislation relating to finance and accounting to ensure compliance with legal requirements
— Participate in management accounting procedures
— At least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting, audit, financial reporting
— A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics
— Good knowledge of accounting (understanding of main reports, posting, etc.)
— Good understanding and proven user experience in using databases (e.i. 1C, SAP, EXACT, Hyperion, XERO, etc.).
— ACCA (may be in progress) or at least DipIFR successfully passed or CIPA and Local Ukrainian Accounting Standards
— Proven IFRS accounting and/or IFRS reporting preparation experience
— Intermediate level of English
— Experience in BIG4 and a Company with foreign investments and/or head office in the EU or USA
— Proven experience in accounting and reporting automatization
— Advanced MS Office user
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedback and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 8 directions with tons of projects under each one!) within the MacPawCares program.