We are looking for a proactive macOS Engineer to join the Setapp team.
We want to make it easier for Mac users to discover new Mac applications — the ones they were searching for or the ones they didn’t even know they needed in their lives. Setapp is our ambitious young product which lets the user get unlimited access to the library of applications right on their Mac.
For a subscription fee, it gives you the opportunity to use all these quality apps you’ve always wanted to try out — without the need to buy and install each app individually.
You can take a look and even sign up for a free trial at setapp.com.
If you decide to join, you’ll work in a great cross-functional team with 4 other macOS Engineers, as well as web developers, QA, designers, analysts and copywriters.
You’re our dream candidate for this job if you have speed, agility, and curiosity — we work fast, create new features for the product, constantly improve the old ones, and conduct experiments simultaneously. This role is for a person who has an engineering mindset thinking and wants to dive deeper into macOS development. If that sounds exciting — be sure to apply, even if you don’t have desktop development experience. We have a great track record of bringing mobile engineers up to speed fast :)
Here are the tasks that will be yours after you join:
— Drive our new Collections feature to the new horizons
— Brainstorm and develop a new product from scratch
— Improving existing components
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedback and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 8 directions with tons of projects under each one!) within the MacPawCares program.