We are looking for a proactive and innovative-thinking Site Reliability Engineer to scale the team.
You will join a team of 8 Engineers and partner closely with all MacPaw products and teams to solve ongoing infrastructure tasks. This role requires excellent communication skills, autonomy, and the ability to work with various stakeholders.
Current challenges of our team include:
— working on building resilient, fault-tolerant, cost-effective infrastructure foundations for our products and services in tight cooperation with software engineering teams;
— identifying common patterns in SDLC processes and product infrastructure needs, making reusable solutions for similar problems, and standardizing our technical stack;
— eliminate toil and automate routine operational tasks.
Together with a team, you will also face the mission to spread the DevOps culture within MacPaw. We aim to remove the „wall of confusion” and make infrastructure orchestration more concise and friendly for software engineering teams to empower the ability to achieve business goals quickly and efficiently.
— Design and implementation of highly available, resilient, maintainable, scalable, reusable and cost-effective infrastructure solutions
— Development of tools that abstracts underlying infrastructure complexity and provides easy to use interfaces to development teams
— Design, implementation and support of CI/CD pipelines
— Identify and eliminate toil
— Participation in 24×7 on-call rotation responding to service disruptions with proper incident handling
— Research and Development of new tools and approaches to solve business needs/problems
— Proficient knowledge in computer networking, Unix/Linux internals, and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, etc.)
— Understanding principles of building fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable distributed systems
— Hands-on experience in describing infrastructure as code
— Experience working with Kubernetes container orchestration system and accompanying cloud-native project tools such as Helm, Prometheus, etc.
— Experience creating efficient and maintainable CI/CD pipelines
— Experience writing code in one of the popular high-level languages such as Go or Python
— Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
• Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedback and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
• Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
• Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
• UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
• Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
• MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 8 directions with tons of projects under each one!) within the MacPawCares program.