At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
You’re an experienced app developer looking to make a big impact and help take our Android team to the next level. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, and accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to design, build, and release exciting features and products in the Lyft Driver and Rider applications, used by millions of people every day
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Server Engineers to deliver best in class user experience and collaborate closely with local and global colleagues
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced interactions, which are a joy to use
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Oversee major changes to our Android architecture
- Implement unit and UI automation tests
- Solve complex real-time data transfer and synchronization issues
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize developer efficiency
- Mentor and support other developers on your team with code reviews, design feedback, and other advice and guidance
- 4+ years of experience as an Android developer
- Advanced knowledge of Java and Kotlin
- Familiarity with RxJava
- Very knowledgeable about architecture and design patterns
- Worked on and shipped large scale Android applications
- Great product sense; you care about usability and good design
- Worked collaboratively with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to build complex products
- Strong communication skills and advanced proficiency in English
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- Potential to work remotely, including out of country (dependent on work authorizations).
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 5 paid days off.
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
- Mental health benefits.
- Family building benefits.