At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. We are looking for an expert software engineer to join the Kyiv Mapping team.
The Mapping team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers our routing and navigation. We are looking for backend server engineers with a passion for building highly scalable systems serving millions of users. You’ll collaborate globally with software engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on programs that empower us to iterate quickly, delighting our passengers and drivers.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Provide high-quality of solutions by maintaining the test coverage for the product on an acceptable level according to the Definition of Done criteria
- Performing thoughtful code reviews for colleagues, and help others by conducting high-quality code reviews
- Participate in hiring activities: take part in technical interviews, live coding, share detailed feedback to hiring best technical talent in the function
- Mentorship, knowledge sharing
- 6+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Be able to support the success of value delivery by enabling the team with the best practices and deep expertise in the concrete domain or technology.
- Ability to design and implement scalable and reliable software solutions
- Passion for new technologies and performing research and development tasks
- Ability to learn fast, collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively.
- Write clear, scalable and clear design documentation
- Professional and stable working environment
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- In addition to 28 observed calendar vacation days all team members have 5 paid days off + company paid recharge days
- Medical & Life Insurance
- 18 weeks of paid paternity leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Wellness reimbursement