At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, Data is the only way we make decisions. It is the core of our business, helping us create a transportation experience for our customers and providing insights into our product launch & features’ effectiveness.
Also, Data is at the heart of the mapping platform at Lyft. We collect and process thousands of terabytes of data from various sources and use it to generate real-time traffic estimations, make correct and efficient routing decisions, and determine better pickup and drop-off locations for our passengers. Making this data accessible and useful to everyone at Lyft requires tackling data infrastructure, data engineering, and computing challenges. And now we are looking for experienced data engineers to join us!
- Assemble and manage large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Design and evolve data models and data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Build and support ETL pipelines using tools like Hive, Airflow, Flyte, and SQL technologies
- Implement systems to track data quality and consistency
- Build analytical tools that provide insight into key performance metrics across Mapping and Lyft
- Work with stakeholders across science, engineering, data infrastructure, product, and our leadership, driving resolving data-related technical problems
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, ideally with a focus on Data Engineering/Architecture
- Ability to work with complex production-quality software
- Technical expertise in data infrastructure, cloud computing, storage systems, and distributed computing frameworks in multi-petabyte scale systems
- Knowledge of modern data/computing infrastructure and frameworks.
Today we use S3, DynamoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Spark, Flyte, Stackdriver, and SageMaker. We do not expect you to know them all but would like for you to be familiar with some
- Openness to new or different ideas, and the ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental qualities and supporting data
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems working along our cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate in English fluently in various forms e.g technical document, meetings, presentations
- Health insurance, life and personal accident insurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- 28 days for paid time off in addition to 12 observed holidays and a an additional week of company-wide recharge time off in November
- Family building benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offenses, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.