Java / Scala
— Hadoop ecosystem knowledge
— Apache Spark (Spark SQL, Spark Streaming)
— Compute Cloud basic knowledge (AWS, Azure, Alibaba etc.)
— Java 8, Spring (REST, Security, Data), JPA/Hibernate, Gradle, Docker
• An exciting and challenging job in a dynamic team
• An opportunity to be innovative and to learn
• High salary and attractive compensation package
Work with Architect and team leader to ensure quality in solutions and in software design
• Participate in creating POC from scratch, designing, developing, prototyping
• Participate in development lifecycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
• Deliver code in an agile team environment
• Participate and promote code reviews to ensure code quality to the highest standards.
• Implement in autonomy Java back-end REST services, making sure they are robust, well covered by unit test, fast and scalable
The project’s Vision is to become the definitive reference for accurate athlete data, historical results and biographies, acting as a trusted partner that shares sports data to improve exposure and engagement and offers an opportunity to digitise sports data-related processes across the entire Olympic Movement, local organising committees of single and multi-sports events, and the Media.
The main deliverable of the SDW is a centralised data warehouse of sports results and athlete biographical data formed from the aggregation of multiple existing databases that are held and maintained by each contributor to the project.
In parallel to developing the warehouse will be the development of applications that can leverage this central repository to supply various functions to various stakeholders. This can include:
Widgets to enhance an athlete’s social profile
Registration tools for events
Data analysis and presentation of sports statistical information