Our client has established itself as the industry leading provider of real time and historical financial market data. A rare opportunity has recently become available in the Real Time and Historical Pricing architecture team for an architect who will contribute to a significant aspect of the governance, strategy, and design of the Tick History and Time Series platform.
As a member of the architecture team, the successful candidate will have a major role in terms of shaping overall technology and platform strategy. Some of the main responsibilities will include:
• Architectural oversight for key elements of the historical market data platform
• Leads the analysis, definition, design, and provides oversight for construction, testing, installation, and modification across multiple large interdependent systems.
• Applies technical governance processes.
• Partners with all stakeholders on large projects to provide architectural oversight throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Use an agile methodology throughout the breadth of project responsibilities.
• Regularly shares knowledge with colleagues on technical topics.
• Investigates and evaluates new technologies, especially those that pertain to large scale time series data store, high performance computing, and cloud computing
• Thought leadership, especially in terms of sharing key ideas, concepts, and strategies, at all levels of the organization
• Business, commercial and financial exposure, especially in terms of providing estimates and both supporting and building business cases
Mandatory Skills Description:
• Essential: Associate-level AWS Certified Solutions architect (Professional-level is preferred)
• A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification, in a STEM subject with 5+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of experience in enterprise-class system design and development, ideally within a global setting
• 5+ years of experience developing code in a common programming language like Java, C, C++, Python etc.
• 3+ years’ experience working with infrastructure and networking.
• 3+ years’ experience working with BigData, Relational Database and other data store technologies
• 3+ years’ experience working with Web Service distribution
• 3+ years’ experience of working with public cloud technologies
• Recommended: At least one of Google Cloud Platform Professional Cloud Architect, Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, or equivalent Cloud Service Provider certification.
• Recommended: Understanding of large scale data store technology, especially time series data stores.
• Recommended: Message bus technology experience
• Recommended: Distributed computing platform experience
• Recommended: Financial technology experience
• The ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce coherent technical designs.
• Excellent problem solving, data analysis, design, and development skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including expressive verbal and written communication skills, as well as influencing and informing stakeholders
• Self-starting and capable of working independently or in groups.
• A quick learner, able to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
• Have a demonstrated ability to provide strong technical leadership on projects and a proclivity for generating innovative solutions
• Familiarity with DevOps principles and with building automation
• Understanding of all layers of a technology solution, from the physical layer to the application layer
• Familiarity of large scale infrastructure and customer migration projects
• Understanding of networking technologies, including but not limited to Cisco, TCP, UDP, IGMP, HTTP, TLS, WAN, LAN
• Understanding of how to build and operate secure applications and solutions.
• Possess a “service-first” mindset, especially in terms of ensuring customer satisfaction.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate