• experience in Linux administration
• experience building CI/CD pipelines from scratch for microservice architectures, ideally, with experience in TeamCity, IBM UrbanCode Deploy and/or Jenkins.
• fluent in Bash/Shell and at least one other programming/scripting language, preferably Python
• experience creating, deploying and supporting Docker images and are familiar with parts of the ecosystem such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
• high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
• experience working with Java code in a production system
• experience working in fast paced development environments
• You agree that verbal and written communication skills are vital
• Investigating and resolving applications issues escalated by production support team
• Build out our CI/CD pipeline to deploy all layers of the architecture to production in a robust, easy-to-use and automated way.
• Infrastructure and capacity planning
• Environment accessibility management
• Management of the Configuration Baseline
• Linux administration
• Bash/Python scripting
• On-boarding of new systems/applications
We are looking for an engineer with experience in distributed systems to join our team working on a near real-time application used across multiple businesses.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will lead the team’s thinking when it comes to hosting applications in production. You will understand the functional and non-functional requirements and design an approach that will allow us to productionise the new system as quickly as possible, and then iterate to a robust approach. You will integrate with other systems for provisioning, monitoring, and alerting. Working closely with our support teams and development teams, you will help do all this with a high level of automation and reliability. We want to minimize manual processes and strong software engineering proficiency in this role is key.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an important project, which will have huge impact on our future architecture.