• 8+ years of technical experience as a full stack developer — a diverse set of technical experiences are a nice-to-have
• Proficient programming skills in Java and Python
• University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
• Strong knowledge of software development best practices and patterns
• Familiarity building applications in an AWS environment
• Experience building flexible solutions that can adapt quickly to changing requirements
• Polished communication and presentation skills — experience in presenting to and communicating with other technical teams and stakeholders
• Ability to independently analyze and solve increasingly difficult business and cloud environment issues
— Knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and risk
— C++ knowledge
— Python knowledge
— Java knowledge
• Angular 8
• AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Developer certification is an asset
• An understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience with DevOps
• Design solutions aligned with long-term architecture and technology strategy using Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Cloud development
• Work on variety of technologies and AWS services by developing features for various components with AWS Glue, Elasticsearch, Amazon Neptune, REST APIs and GraphQL endpoints and an Angular 8 front-end
• Develop infrastructure as code for our CI/CD pipeline through Jenkins and Terraform
• Participate in the development life cycle from start to completion — requirements analysis, development, testing, and deployment
• Work closely with our partners in the Knowledge Organization to learn their processes and provide solutions to their requests
Development of a knowledge management portal for the global financial institution with full stack back to front plus UI in scope, front end is crawling multiple data sources, elastic search engine, all made available through UI which is used by front office.
System is built natively on AWS, modern architecture. All data ingested by AWS using Java and Python to pull it in. AWS glue for ATL process, elastic search.
Another piece of tooling is graph data, Amazon’s net view , helps with knowledge graph.