• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
• 3+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer
• Solid background in data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
• Experience with concurrency, multithreading, or asynchronous programming
• Deep understanding of interaction between hardware components, operating system, and applications
• Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
• In-depth understanding of the TCP/IP stack (with focus on HTTP protocol)
• Understanding of data modelling in SQL and NoSQL environments
• Experience with cloud-based computing and knowledge of API for the most popular ones
• 3+ years experience in design and development of scalable web applications
• Strong command of English
• Scala (Akka, Play), and Spark (preferably)
• Cassandra, Clickhouse, Redis, MySQL, Kafka
• Experience with AWS, Zookeeper, Ansible, Terraform, HAProxy, ELK
• Scripting experience: sh, bash, awk/sed, perl or python
• Experience of programming in C++, PHP+JS or Lua
• You’ll work in the world class team headquartered in the heart of the Silicon Valley
• Company covers taxes (by PE contract) and provide accountance assistance
• Lunches, snacks, fruits, coffee, etc.
• Gym and football hall in the building
• Flexible schedule with a possibility to work 50% of time remotely
• Full coverage for personal equipment usage
• The office near Teatralna m. st. (300 meters from Khreshchatyk)
• Business trips to California twice a year for 2 weeks
• Bonus for relocation (if needed)
We are convinced that everybody needs his own area of responsibility, while the team is responsible for the whole system design. We work separately, in pairs or in small workgroups mostly — so that everybody is completely responsible for his part of the product.
You’ll be a part of server engineering team and will work closely with our product and infrastructure depts (and customers if needed) to draw the roadmap, gather requirements, create design, build development & testing workflow, integrate the product, and provide consultancy for its scaling and maintenance, designing, managing and optimising our data model and flow. The design of such things like security, storing data, caching and load balancing will be put completely on you.
The target part of the product is data analysis engine, our core service built with Scala, Akka, Kafka, Spark and Cassandra. And currently we are looking for a person who will work on development of our recommendation system.
Everything in Lotusflare is about mobile traffic. The core team was detached from mobile infrastructure department of Facebook. Our customers are world biggest consumers of mobile traffic (Skype, Facebook, LinkedIn) and cellphone operators (Telenor, Sprint, Verizon). The core mission of the company is to build middleware products that make mobile internet traffic more accessible and affordable.
We care about people in developing countries, And we keep in mind that the half of population of Earth still do not have permanent internet access, and thus appear to be the greatest emerging market with boundless growth potential.
We are proud to be the company that was backed by Google Ventures, Macquarie Capital, Compound, Social Capital and lots Silicon Valley angels.